She has such a great scrub!
I’ve seen a lot of posts recently about DIY body scrubs, so I decided to give it a try, myself. I researched the benefits of different fruits and came up with my own mixture.
- Bananas: antibacterial, softens, hydrates, moisturizes skin
- Lemons: antibacterial, brightens skin
- Oranges: astringent, toner, firms skin
- Coconut Oil: moisturizes skin
- Sugar: exfoliates skin, less harsh than salt
You can make your own recipe with your own proportions. Add more of whatever you think your skin needs and whatever will give you the consistency you desire. Here are the approximate measurements of what I concocted:
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 1/2 medium-sized orange (juice and zest)
- 1 medium-sized lemon (juice and zest)
Mash up the banana (a fork/wooden spoon combo seemed to work best for me). Use a reamer to juice the lemon and half of…
View original post 176 more words